Buy a house in seven steps
Our agents will guide you through the entire buying process
Buying a house is a big decision, which is why it's important to discuss the process in detail with your agent. What is the house worth? How much should you bid? What is your highest offer? We will help you every step of the way. You can count on expert advice that will give you peace of mind.
We have identified seven steps in the process of buying a house:
1 - Determine your housing needs
- How many bedrooms do you need?
- What is your maximum work commute?
- Do you prefer a certain neighbourhood?
2 - Your financial scope
- What type of mortgage works best for you?
- What are the interest rates like at the moment?
- Do you have any other financial obligations now or in the future?
3 - Start looking for your dream house
- View our current listings.
- Schedule a few viewings to get an idea of the properties we offer.
- We will accompany you during the viewings. This will give us the opportunity to check the structural condition of the property and determine whether it's worth buying.
4 - Are you 100% sure? Make an opening bid
- It's important to carefully discuss the opening bid with your agent. Bidding on a house is a tricky game, and your emotions play an important role. Be sure to consult your agent throughout the bidding process.
- We will discuss important issues like the transfer date and the structural condition.
5 - The purchase agreement
- Are you eligible for the National Mortgage Guarantee (NHG)?
- Should you consider a cohabitation agreement?
- Can you apply for municipal subsidies?
6 - Signing the mortgage
- What type of mortgage works best for your situation?
- Do you have suitable life insurance?
- How many years will your mortgage be fixed?
7 - The transfer
- What is the best and the most affordable notary?
- Is there anything in particular you would like to discuss with the notary?